Based in the East of England we specialise in the Design, Manufacture and Installation of machinery for the waste processing industry
Unit 2A Crossways Cockfield Suffolk England IP300LN
Careers at Firstgrade
Firstgrade Recycling Systems are looking for a Design Engineer to join our team to design screening and sorting machinery for the recycling industry. Firstgrade is a fast growing and innovative company. We design and manufacturing all of our equipment here in the UK, and each plant is tailored to suit the customer’s individual requirements.
- To design full recycling screening lines and detail them to individual component level
- Complete site surveys where necessary working closely with customers to offer technical solutions and recommendations
- Produce full parts drawings, BOMs and assembly drawings for the Production Team
- To work with the sales team to design and develop innovative new products for the recycling industry.
- Work with suppliers to determine best materials and solutions
Coming from a strong design/project management background you will be expected to oversee projects from concept to installation and commissioning, working with the customers, sales and manufacturing teams on challenging projects.
HNC/HND/Degree qualified from a Mechanical Engineering background
Experience of Autodesk Inventor or similar 3D package
Experience in a similar field preferred, e.g. conveyors, structural engineering etc.
Detail conscious, with a creative approach to problem solving.
Strong organisational skills and ability to run multiple projects in parallel
Excellent communication skills, both with customers and with the rest of the team
A practical approach, and willing to get your hands dirty when required.
Salary: £30-40,000 dependent on experience.
For more details please see our website www.first-grade.co.uk
Apply with a short covering letter to
Firstgrade Recycling Systems Ltd
Tel: 01284 828040